Quickest Burritos Ever!
-Whole wheat tortillas
- Crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
-1 breast cooked chicken (we defrost already-cooked chicken from Trader Joe’s or use leftovers)
-1/2 can of black beans rinsed (or more if you like!)
-1/4 tsp. cumin
-1/4 tsp. garlic powder
-2 ripe tomatoes, chopped, other veggies would work like spinach or red peppers
-Leftover roasted sweet potatoes – cubed – can use regular potatoes as well
- I jar natural green chili sauce – I use the “505 Southwestern” brand – medium heat.
1. Rinse the beans and put about half of it in a small bowl mixing it with the cumin and garlic powder. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Take one tortilla and top with desired amount of cheese, beans, tomato and spinach (hint: if they are too thick they will be hard to fold).
3. Roll the tortilla over the cheese and bean mixture to make a burrito.
4. Place the burritos in a lightly oiled baking dish, folds-side down.
5. Once all the burritos are laying side-by-side in the dish, cover with the vegetarian green chili sauce.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbling ~ you may need to test the insides to make sure it’s heated inside and the cheese is melted. Just pull the dish out of the oven and stick a fork into the end of one of the burritos ~ if the fork comes out steamy, then they’re done.
Serve and enjoy! Also great with any leftover veggies or chicken as filling.